Paydirt Express
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paydirt Express

Where putting the ball in the endzone means everything. Play Smart. Play Sim. Play to Win.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

League Schedule - FA Draft

Go down 
+6
blammers
NYTitan21
x--Nike
K_RoB03
LikeUntoGod
BigJohnMic
10 posters
AuthorMessage
BigJohnMic
Admin
BigJohnMic

League Schedule - FA Draft Empty
PostSubject: League Schedule - FA Draft   League Schedule - FA Draft Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 2:38 pm

Alright fellas, first and foremost, for those of you who've yet to join the league on PS3, please do so TODAY! If not, you may be forfeiting your spot in the league. I have sent texts to those who have yet to do so.

The plan is to have a ONE ROUND FA draft to start with. Essentially, I would like each team to post who they want to sign on their team in this thread. Please DO NOT sign anyone as you please. After the draft is over, I will make sure to let everyone know when they can sign free agents. Each team will then be able to sign 1 free agent every 12 hours. I went to random.org and used their random list generator to determine the FA draft order... and here were the results:

1. Kansas City Chiefs - FS Nick Collins
2. Chicago Bears - TE Kellen Winslow
3. Carolina Panthers - CB Alphonso Smith
4. Saint Louis Rams - WR Plaxico Burress
5. Arizona Cardinals - RT Jeff Otah
6. Seattle Seahawks - QB Josh Johnson
7. Tennessee Titans - MLB E.J. Henderson
8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - *skipped*
9. New York Jets - LB Ernie Sims
10. Buffalo Bills - OLB Shawne Merriman
11. New York Giants - WR Terrell Owens
12. Cleveland Browns - *skipped*
13. Oakland Raiders - G Jake Scott
14. Green Bay Packers - S O.J. Atogwe
15. Houston Texans - WR Mike Williams
16. Baltimore Ravens - WR Chad Johnson
17. Minnesota Vikings - S Husain Abdullah
18. Dallas Cowboys - DL Luis Castillo
19. Jacksonville Jaguars - *skipped*
20. Miami Dolphins - *skipped*
21. Pittsburgh Steelers - T Chad Clifton
22. Denver Broncos - WR Robert You
23. San Francisco 49ers - SS Brodney Pool
24. San Diego Chargers - *skipped*
25. Philadelphia Eagles - *skipped*
26. New England Patriots - C David Molk
27. New Orleans Saints - CB Chris Johnson
28. Cincinnati Bengals - MLB Jay Dwyer
29. Atlanta Falcons - HB Alex Green
30. Detroit Lions - CB Phillip Buchanon
31. Indianapolis Colts
32. Washington Redskins

-- More details to come. With full league, we will look to sim preseason, and move to Week 1 of regular season by Thursday. Any objections or questions, feel free to hit me up, lemme know. Thanks.

Last edited by BigJohnMic on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:14 am; edited 23 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://paydirtexpress.forumotion.com
LikeUntoGod

LikeUntoGod

PostSubject: Re: League Schedule - FA Draft   League Schedule - FA Draft Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:28 am

IMO, any team over 80 ovr should not be able to pick a FA from the start. And the list should be from lowest ovr to highest. Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
K_RoB03

K_RoB03

PostSubject: FA Draft   League Schedule - FA Draft Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:29 am

Oakland:

1. MLB EJ Henderson
2. MLB Gary Brackett
3. RE Shawne Merriman
4. WR Plax

Last edited by K_RoB03 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LikeUntoGod

LikeUntoGod

PostSubject: Re: League Schedule - FA Draft   League Schedule - FA Draft Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 2:06 am

Not to mention if only the 10 teams who really need free agents were picking, this would be easy. A new league starting should not have the rich getting richer.
Back to top Go down
x--Nike

x--Nike

PostSubject: Re: League Schedule - FA Draft   League Schedule - FA Draft Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 2:13 am

Rams #4 on Board(in order):
FS Nick Collins
TE Kellen Winslow
RE Andre Carter
WR Plax
WR TO

John just text/call me if questions im easy to get ahold of.
Back to top Go down
NYTitan21

NYTitan21

PostSubject: Re: League Schedule - FA Draft   League Schedule - FA Draft Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 5:19 am

evandril wrote:
I agree with the previous people who said this is a stupid idea. As the guy trying to run the Browns, to see the Bears, Seahawks, Jets and Giants getting to pick a free agent before me is beyond stupid. It should go in ascending order -- worst to 10th worst, based on rankings -- and then just be open for everybody.

Anyway, I'm out on this league. There are too many rules (can't run any fake punts? This is a sim league, isn't it? Fake punts exist.) and it's not properly thought out.

Lmao did I really just read that
Back to top Go down
LikeUntoGod

LikeUntoGod

PostSubject: Re: League Schedule - FA Draft   League Schedule - FA Draft Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 10:20 am

There are a number of FAs already taken.

Off hand..

The Browns took QB D Garrard and RT J Otah and RG Jake Scott and TE K Winslow. CB A Berry, and maybe CB D Patterson (not 100% sure of him) he also took FS Nick Collins. I also think LT C Clifton

Hmmm, seems like most if not all by the same guy. I believe you should be able to fake a punt or FG etc under certain set conditions but it seems like this guy was cheating from the time the FAs were opened.

IMO, FA should be redone.

Here is a list of team's Ovr under 80. This list of Ovrs is not up to date since it is the NOW rating of teams in H2H play. For instance, I know the Dolphins as they are in the league are now rated 72 ovr. These numbers are not hard to find. Everyone simply has to go to their first preseason game and read their number. Personally, I'd take the time and find out these numbers and make a new, shorter list of teams who get FAs. Since these teams NEED FAs, the owners should be more willing to get together and have a quick FA draft.

On the lower Ovr teams, these FAs will be starters in a lot of cases, but on let's say the Patriots, Ravens, 49ers, Giants etc etc, these players will be back ups and trade fodder.

A 3 round, 10-15 team FA draft could be done and done quickly.

Bills-75

Browns-76

Buccaneers-78

Cardinals-75

Chargers-76

Chiefs-71

Dolphins -78

Eagles-74

Jaguars-72

Jets-78

Lions-75

Panthers-77

Raiders-74

Rams-78

Saints-79

Titans-76

Back to top Go down
blammers

blammers

PostSubject: Re: League Schedule - FA Draft   League Schedule - FA Draft Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 11:11 am

FS Nick Collins
Back to top Go down
LikeUntoGod

LikeUntoGod

PostSubject: Re: League Schedule - FA Draft   League Schedule - FA Draft Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:22 pm

if the owners cannot find the time to look and see what their Ovrs are, it would take me maybe 30-40 minutes to make another league and go though the teams and write down the ovrs of the lowest teams.
Back to top Go down
blammers

blammers

PostSubject: Re: League Schedule - FA Draft   League Schedule - FA Draft Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:40 pm

NYTitan21 wrote:
evandril wrote:
I agree with the previous people who said this is a stupid idea. As the guy trying to run the Browns, to see the Bears, Seahawks, Jets and Giants getting to pick a free agent before me is beyond stupid. It should go in ascending order -- worst to 10th worst, based on rankings -- and then just be open for everybody.

Anyway, I'm out on this league. There are too many rules (can't run any fake punts? This is a sim league, isn't it? Fake punts exist.) and it's not properly thought out.

Yep. That just happened.
Back to top Go down
neo613

neo613

PostSubject: Re: League Schedule - FA Draft   League Schedule - FA Draft Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:38 pm

With the 2nd pick the Bears have chosen TE Kellen Winslow
Back to top Go down
neo613

neo613

PostSubject: Re: League Schedule - FA Draft   League Schedule - FA Draft Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:48 pm

Panthers select CB Alphonso Smith
Back to top Go down
x--Nike

x--Nike

PostSubject: Re: League Schedule - FA Draft   League Schedule - FA Draft Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 2:03 pm

With the 4th pick the rams select plax
Back to top Go down
jameryd22

jameryd22

PostSubject: Re: League Schedule - FA Draft   League Schedule - FA Draft Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 2:41 pm

NYTitan21 wrote:
evandril wrote:

Hahaha, dude left because he couldn't run fake punts.
Back to top Go down
bigkap

bigkap

PostSubject: Re: League Schedule - FA Draft   League Schedule - FA Draft Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 5:12 pm

RT Jeff Otah
Back to top Go down
neo613

neo613

PostSubject: Re: League Schedule - FA Draft   League Schedule - FA Draft Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 6:05 pm

Seahawks take QB Josh Johnson
Back to top Go down
wentzy08x

wentzy08x

PostSubject: Re: League Schedule - FA Draft   League Schedule - FA Draft Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 6:40 pm

Titans will sign MLB E.J Henderson with the 7th pick
Back to top Go down
LikeUntoGod

LikeUntoGod

PostSubject: Re: League Schedule - FA Draft   League Schedule - FA Draft Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 5:14 pm

Still not at 20?

lol
Back to top Go down
NYTitan21

NYTitan21

PostSubject: Re: League Schedule - FA Draft   League Schedule - FA Draft Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 5:14 pm

FA draft is over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: League Schedule - FA Draft   League Schedule - FA Draft Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

League Schedule - FA Draft
Page 1 of 1