Paydirt Express

Where putting the ball in the endzone means everything. Play Smart. Play Sim. Play to Win.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Continuing the League

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BigJohnMic
Admin

PostSubject: Continuing the League   Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:45 pm

In week 5 of the regular season, only half of the games were played. If things continue at that rate, there's no real point in going forward with the league. I'm hoping it turns around this week. However, I imagine I'll just pull the plug. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://paydirtexpress.forumotion.com
J_Mullins82

PostSubject: Re: Continuing the League   Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:59 pm

Dont panic, there are plenty of ppl really interested and invested in this lg, instead of pulling the plug lets just take a few days, weed out the bad apple early and restock those teams, this way we can move smoothly going forward... I have never got to use Vikings before in a league plz reconsider and lets get the dead weight out of here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigJohnMic
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Continuing the League   Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:30 am

J_Mullins82 wrote:
Dont panic, there are plenty of ppl really interested and invested in this lg, instead of pulling the plug lets just take a few days, weed out the bad apple early and restock those teams, this way we can move smoothly going forward... I have never got to use Vikings before in a league plz reconsider and lets get the dead weight out of here

Yea, I feel ya. After receiving some sound council, I realized I was just frustrated that we're not where I'd like to be. It's cool tho. Like you said, we'll weed out the bad ones, and move forward. Thanks for the input to those who hit me up today.
Back to top Go down
neo613

PostSubject: Re: Continuing the League   Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:34 pm

Theres definitely going to be some growing pains. Finding 32 really good owners is tough but id rather have 28 strong and a good commish then 32 weak. Lets keep it going and hope to build with time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigkap

PostSubject: Re: Continuing the League   Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:27 am

It's early in the league so we are seeing a bunch of guys be weeded out. Also don't forget that because this league started late most people were already established with leagues which could affect their priorities for this season. Just keep it going and what happens this year happens. We can find a good group of guys to carry this on until next Madden. This is going to be a very good league.

1 suggestion - I'm not a fan of groupme at all. I just turn it off because it blows up my cell phone way too often. I know some people don't have aim, but most do. For those who don't it takes all of 5 mins to create an account and you don't even have to download it. Just go to aol.com and sign in. I think that would lead to more general talk, get guys from different leagues to know each other a bit and really help out the league. For right now I just send a text to a guy and see if he wants to play, get my game in, and thats it. In other leagues people discuss games in blasts and talk about other random stuff. Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigJohnMic
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Continuing the League   Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:11 pm

bigkap wrote:
It's early in the league so we are seeing a bunch of guys be weeded out. Also don't forget that because this league started late most people were already established with leagues which could affect their priorities for this season. Just keep it going and what happens this year happens. We can find a good group of guys to carry this on until next Madden. This is going to be a very good league.

1 suggestion - I'm not a fan of groupme at all. I just turn it off because it blows up my cell phone way too often. I know some people don't have aim, but most do. For those who don't it takes all of 5 mins to create an account and you don't even have to download it. Just go to aol.com and sign in. I think that would lead to more general talk, get guys from different leagues to know each other a bit and really help out the league. For right now I just send a text to a guy and see if he wants to play, get my game in, and thats it. In other leagues people discuss games in blasts and talk about other random stuff. Just my 2 cents.

In an effort to help facilitate group discussion, i created an AIM blast for this league called Paydirt Express. Everyone, please create a screen name and download AIM on ur cpu or mobile device. Please do this at your earliest convenience so i can add each of you to the group. I already added all of the AIM contacts I had. When you do, let me know via text (606.547.7080) or by posting below. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Continuing the League   

Back to top Go down

Continuing the League
Page 1 of 1